Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wooden bike...

... a snip at just £4000 & just a 12 week wait for delivery...

When established furniture maker Seth Deysach was invited to be part of the Object Society design show in June last year, he decided to create something special for the occasion that combined two of his passions - creating things in wood and cycling. The single-speed, one size Lagomorph bike boasts strong, elegant lines and an impressive catalog of high quality components. Now the designer is taking special orders for the wooden-framed bike, with custom options available on request.




Personally, I'd be a bit too nervous about my wooden pride & joy ending up as a box of matches if I had a little accident... :0)

3 comments:

Livvy said...

I like the idea, but think that the woodgrain finish on a steel or alu bike is a smidge more practical. I came across these bikes and think they're SUPER cute.
http://www.robswoodgrainbikes.com/
but bl**dy expensive...

Unknown said...

Nice :0)

garage equipment said...

They say wooden bikes are very light and durable compared to those traditionally made alloy bikes. I guess with your description, it's great to have one of those.