Tuesday 13 August 2013

Congratulations Spoky Woky, Podium Finisher at Peyragudes...



A massive congratulations to our friend & downhill skater Spoky Woky (aka Marie Bougourd) who, despite a knee injury, managed to bag a podium finish at the IDF (international Downhill Federation) event in Peyragudes last weekend. What an AMAZING lady!!


Spoky Woky says: "Check that awesome movie about Peyragudes Finals !! That event has the most surprising event of the season for me , i was actually at the point to not attempt to it because of a knee injury at Grim Mountain , and finally Sickboard convinced me to join them just to be there and enjoy watching the race and finally my knee get better and i did it to the final and took the second place ! 
That was not even expectable for me ! 

Thank you Lisa Karina , Martijn Schrama , Annemiekje Nogwat (and congrats guuuuurllll ) , Kevin Reimer for pick me up on their way to Peyragudes , Sickboards Longboards is killing it ! Thank you Koma Kino for the event and his support . RipTide Bushings have been killing it on that track , Aera Trucks, Orangatang Wheels team always around to help , SMB Bearings can't stop to get me faster and my Classic pan still here to make me feel like home on every roads.

 It was so a huge joy to meet again my french friends which were screaming for me in the hairpins (i heard you ) , and what else than come back home and know that my best friend Pommy Hwwod who is also my exroomate and the OG of the Lyon Longskate Crew became a dad this week end !!!! I'm so happy right now , i just wanted that you know it" 

 Well done Spoky Woky, we are so, SO, SO proud of you & your fantastic achievements this season - the IDF rankings show what a mega star you are!

No comments: